Overwatch Pet Peeves



I don't really consider myself a "gamer", although I definitely have an interest in video games. We have a huge selection in our house, but you can most frequently find me playing Overwatch. It's partially the reason why we own an Xbox, as I kept playing it on my boyfriend's PC so felt like I needed my own copy. I don't consider myself a pro, but I've put a few hundred hours into playing it so I'm not bad. I thought I'd share my Overwatch pet peeves because I know there'll be a lot of people out there who agree with me (plus, everyone loves a good whinge)...

Gobby 12 year olds

I use 12 year olds as a mass generalisation here, i.e. "they're so small, they're like 12".

I often toy with the idea of a headset but then remember that I play on Xbox. Every time I've ever tried turning on voice chat I've been inundated with pre-pubescent voices (male and female) and it really puts me off. I feel like I'm in a creche. I especially hate when they start to get mouthy, because I don't have time for children harassing me when I'm trying to have fun. Plus, it makes me feel like a total grandma.

People who won't balance the team

Two snipers? Do we really need two snipers (or three, if you consider Ana too)? I know Widowmaker and Hanzo have different abilities, but if there's one on the team it's very unlikely that we'll need the other. Which is why I don't like it when people "main" characters. Learn to play a range of classes and balance the team.
I feel like having too many snipers is the most common issue, but this also goes for teams that lack tanks/healers. If you're going to prove me wrong and show you don't need them then fine but don't expect me to hold the team up for you. I often like to play as a healer, but if the team isn't balanced then healers are vulnerable to attack, and you end up spending the whole game waiting to respawn because you've died, again.

People who rage quit

This is especially applicable when you're playing a 3v3 game, whereby quitting basically means you lose the game. Unless your Mum has shouted you because your tea is ready, there's no excuse. Overwatch games rarely last over 10 minutes so just grit your teeth and get through it. XP is XP, after all.

People who don't stay on the point

This is perhaps the big one for me, which often leaves me shouting at my screen. I feel like Bastion is a terrible one for this, as often people will plonk themselves outside of the square somewhere with a good viewpoint of oncoming attacks. But if you're the only one left, waiting for your team to respawn, move your bum onto the point! The amount of times I've seen an objective lost when it could have quite easily been kept is so numerous and so frustrating. Use your eyes and your ears guys!


I suppose my Overwatch Pet Peeves apply to quite a lot of first person shooter/multiplayer type games. I love the game, but often hate the people playing it!

What about you, do you play Overwatch? Share with me your gamer grievances!

No comments