May Favourites



Lush Handy Gurugu
My hands were absolutely battered after coming back from Iceland - the cold winds left them chapped and dry. Even though they've softened up, they're still peeling a little between my fingers. I'm not usually too fussy when it comes to hand cream but this needed the heavy duty stuff. I went into Lush with no idea what I wanted, and came away with a few samples. They'd ran out of regular sample pots, so the girl in Lush York put them in regular sized pots! It meant I got almost half a pot to test so got to see the long term effects. I'll definitely be purchasing a proper pot when I run out of the sample! It's a lot thicker than other hand creams, so you can use it to specifically target problem areas on your hands. If your hands are really dry and cracked, this is the one for you!


Vaseline Intensive Care Cocoa Spray Moisturiser
I've been wanting to try this for so long but couldn't justify the price tag to myself. I know £6.59 isn't that much, but it is if you end up with a product that you don't use up. Luckily it's on offer quite a lot so I picked it up half price in Boots. I use it after I've shaved my legs - I'm so lazy when it comes to moisturising my legs so having a nice thin layer that you can spray on makes the process so much quicker. A lazy girl's dream!


Benefit Brow Zings
On weekdays I use my MAC x15 Palette and the shade Cork to fill in my brows. However, I don't like to travel with it, so usually take a pencil. My eyebrow pencil ended up super blunt and I forgot to pack a sharpener, so when we got to the airport I decided to look for something in duty free. I wasn't sure about Benefit's brow products before because finding something that works for ginger hair can be tricky. I bought their Brow Zings in shade 2 and hoped for the best. Luckily, it's a match! The wax and powder are buildable, meaning you can go as light or as heavy as you want. I think this is a great product for creating a strong brow.


MAC Oh My Mocha Eyeshadow
I'd had my eye on this for ages, after spotting it at the MAC counter over Christmas. I was wishing in vain that they'd bring out a pro pan refill version for me to put into my palette, but I caved whilst ordering my Fleur de Force lipstick and added the single to my basket. It looks quite red in the pan, but comes off more brown on my eyelids, with the frost giving a purple tinge. I love the depth it can create; it looks lovely in the crease blended out to create a smoky effect.


Burial Rites
This has been on my TBR List for a long while. Based on a true story, it follows a woman convicted of her lover's murder in early 19th Century Iceland. My intention was to read it whilst we were in Reykjavik, but I couldn't manage to finish my previous book in time! I really feel like the whole narrative gives off an eerie vibe, in a similar way to Wuthering Heights and Jane Eyre. Perhaps it's the setting - the wilds of Iceland are somewhat familiar to the moors of Yorkshire! Hannah Kent maintains a subtle level of suspense; you're not on edge the whole time whilst reading, but there's something quite unsettling about reading the tale of a woman condemned to death...


How I Met Your Mother
This is an oldie, but a goodie. I watched a few episodes on the flight home from Iceland, which was an effective way to keep my anxiety at bay (on the way out I ended up watching Mrs Doubtfire). When we got home we just chucked a few episodes on our Netflix whilst having tea, which has resulted in us watching the whole series through. We only have a few episodes left now, so we're going to have to find something else to watch over breakfast!


American Gods
Kris recently finished reading Neil Gaiman's novel, so wanted to try the Amazon Prime series. I found it a little hard to get into having not read the book, but I am slowly getting more and more into the story. I just hope Kris doesn't mind too much that I end up asking lots of questions about what's going on! I like the blend of gods from all different origins, as well as the invention of new 'modern' gods. 


Bloggerview 
This month I had a mini interview with Bloggerview, which you can read here! They've interviewed a whole host of bloggers, including some pretty big names in the community, so I've enjoyed having a nosy each time a new article is posted!

No comments