January Favourites

You probably didn't notice, but I didn't do a monthly favourites post for December. I was finding it really hard to find the time to take photos and write, even come up with enough favourites to justify a post. So I've pushed two months together - I think it's probably a better approach to take, rather than forcing myself to do a favourites post each month.

Here it is, my first favourites post of 2017!



Lush Honey I Washed My Hair Shampoo Bar
I went into Lush to look at shampoo because I'd been finding my usual stuff had been making my head itchy. I ended up picking out Rehab, because it sounded the best option, but I'm yet to use it. And that's because I smelled this shampoo bad and fell in love. I'd never tried a shampoo bar before, and I can tell you that a little bit goes a long way. It's helped with my dry scalp and I just love the toffee scent. I got a square tin because they'd ran out of the circular ones. However, I'd recommend getting the square tin anyway, because it makes getting it out a lot easier!

Batiste Bare Dry Shampoo
Not pictured because I am stupid and forgot to include it in the photo. I bought one of these months ago kind of spontaneously because I hadn't seen it before. It's become a firm favourite, giving the effect you want with no smell and no grey streaks! I've used so many of Batiste's dry shampoos but I don't think I'll want to use any other from now. It's just a shame they don't stock it in my local Co-op...

It's All Absolutely Fine by Ruby Elliot
I got this for Christmas, having wanted it for ages. I've followed Ruby's work for years thanks to Tumblr, and was so excited when this came out. What I didn't realise is that it contains short essays as well as artwork, and her writing really tugs on my heartstrings and reaches right down to my soul. It was like reading someone write exactly how I was feeling, and I think it's one of my favourite books ever.

Sabrina the Teenage Witch
I featured this in my purple haul, because I came across it whilst Christmas shopping and couldn't say no. Coupled with the fact that I've been rewatching old episodes of Fresh Prince, I've been having a full on nostalgia-fest. I've been really enjoying watching light-hearted programmes recently. They're great for just popping on the telly in the evenings.

Happy Valley
On the flip side, I've also been watching Happy Valley. I don't know why it took me so long to watch this series, considering that it's filmed right on Kris' doorstep. In between changing jobs I had a few days off, so I binge watched it all. I just got completely hooked. There is an element where I get a cheap thrill seeing somewhere I know on tv, but even without that factor I have still really enjoyed it. I'm not usually one for crime shows but I was gripped. I really hope they do another series!

The Goldbergs
My family and friends are always telling me to shut up about watching The Goldbergs. I watched it almost every day throughout December, and it's one of my go-to programmes when I can't decide what to watch. I had caught the odd episode in passing and enjoyed it, but it was December when I decided to watch it properly. Bev is absolutely hilarious and it always stealing scenes. And I have a new OTP - Erica and Geoff. It'll be interesting to see how their story progresses... 

Halls Strawberry Cough Sweets
This is such a weird one to add to a favourites but I bought these by accident thinking they were cherry flavour but they taste really nice! I don't like cough sweets with sugar in so Halls are my favourite. They're not the strongest but they're good for if you just have a tickle in your throat. And they taste really nice too!

Galaxy Golden Eggs
I know, I know, it's a bit early to be thinking about chocolate eggs, but I can't help myself! Last year I tried these and wasn't that fussed, but this year I love them! I always thought I was a mini eggs gal, but I love Golden Eggs now. I scoffed at other bloggers last Easter, but now I totally understand. I've just got to try and pace myself until April...

No comments