How to have the perfect night in! (+ a homeware wish list)

I think I'll always be the type of girl who prefers staying in over going out. Especially now that *puts on Sean Bean voice* winter is coming, I find myself more and more drawn to my bed. I pretty much get in from work, have my tea and then get straight under the covers. Sometimes I'll just mooch on my laptop and watch a bit of telly, but every so often I'll do some proper self care and have a cosy night in the nest that is my bed.

So in this post you'll find everything you need for the perfect night in!




It's not a night in without snacks. I'm pretty much a Cadbury's girl, but for pure indulgence I'm a total sucker for Galaxy. If I want to treat myself, I'll always buy it. Whenever Kris comes round to my parents' house, he always remarks on how hot drinks are never short in supply. We get through a lot of hot chocolate in this house, but if I really want to push the boat out I make a Whittards Luxury Hot Chocolate. I love the white chocolate one because it just tastes like a creamy sweet milk. It's pure indulgence in a cup.

I have a pretty small Blu-ray collection. I have the important box sets, like Harry Potter, Star Wars and the Jurassic Park trilogy, as well as a few choice favourites. My favourite Disney films are Pixar ones, and I have quite a few. Inside Out is such a good film, and it really gets me feeling emotional!
War and Peace was such an unexpected surprise; I binge watched it when I was off work sick and knew I needed it on Blu-ray, not only for the story but also for the beautiful cinematography. I also have Deadpool, because it is one of the best comic book movies out there. And I love Ryan Reynolds in comedy roles. DVDs and Blu-ray are the perfect escape for a night in because you can get away from your computer/phone for a while and snuggle up under blankets and a duvet!

One of my favourite things in life is my TV (wow, that sounds rather pathetic, but I don't care). A Christmas present from my Dad, I honestly don't know how I managed without it. The TV reception in my room can get pretty sketchy when the weather is bad, so I'm glad I have a Samsung Smart TV, because I can catch up on all of my favourite shows on demand, as well as watch Netflix and Amazon Prime. There are so many options to choose from so I'm never short of something to watch!




Obviously, I'm quite the bookworm but sometimes I fancy a change. I'm fond of reading Blogosphere Magazine because it's full of information for rookie bloggers, and helps me find new websites to read. I also enjoy colouring whilst watching TV, as it's wonderfully relaxing. I of course have everyone's favourite, Enchanted Forest by Johanna Basford, because her illustrations are so intricate and beautiful.

For the perfect night in, especially in the colder months, candles are a must. One of my favourite candles that's still going strong after loads of use (Kris bought it for me two Christmases ago) is my Soapasaurus Philosopher's Stone Soy Candle. The smell is a really intense cherry vanilla, and I love it. Soapasaurus is now Geeky Clean, and you can find their products here (their products are cruelty free and vegan, FYI).

For a girl who blogs about beauty, I'm not very good at pampering myself. I've recently purchased Lush's Cup O'Coffee, so I've been giving that a try. I love that Lush have created a face mask that doesn't need to be kept in the fridge, because usually I just forget they exist! Plus, I really love coffee.




You've got to create the perfect room for your perfect night in, so I thought I'd add a few things that're on my homeware wishlist!

1. My mattress is so old; it's a hand-me down-from my parents and almost twenty years old. It's pretty comfortable, but not the best. I love the idea of having a Leesa mattress, because not only are they high quality but they also donate one mattress for every ten sold! You can read more here about why they're great for people who sleep on their side or stomach (like me). Thank you to Rhianna for introducing me to this brand!

2. A fluffy blanket is a must. The one featured in the top photos is from Matalan, costing me £15. I bought it whilst I was at university and it has had a lot of love. It's probably time to buy a new one. I had a quick look on their website and couldn't find one similar, but did find this one in H&M.

3. I love shopping for bedding, and for some reason always feel drawn to grey duvet sets (don't let the flowery Tesco set above fool you). In winter my room can get pretty chilly, so brushed cotton really helps you keep warm. Some might find this set boring, but I love it. You can find it in John Lewis here

4. & 5. I'm so glad that they now have a H&M Home in the Trafford Centre Selfridges because they're seriously killing it with affordable stylish homeware! I love these two cushions, especially because I love things that are and can't resist a woodland print! They're £14.99 each and you can find them here and here


How do you create the perfect night in? And what's on your homeware wish list? I'd love to hear from you!

No comments