B. Makeup Brush Cleansing Wipes




I picked up the B. Makeup Brush Cleansing Wipes randomly in Superdrug ages ago - I hadn't seen them before and sort of impulsively threw them in my basket. I am lazy AF when it comes to washing makeup brushes (as I'm sure many of you are) so thought this would be a good alternative to taking my whole brush collection into the bathroom to wash them.

I already own the B. Makeup Brush Cleanser and it's really useful for spot cleaning - I mostly use it for brushes that I use with powder products. It doesn't take all of the product out of the brush, but sanitises them and allows you to use another colour without blending everything together in one weird mess (much like the poor yellow felt-tip pen that's been used to colour over black ink).

So the B. Makeup Brush Cleansing Wipes are pretty much the same formula but in a makeup wipe form. Instead of using the spray on the brush then rubbing the colour out on a tissue, you just wipe away the product with the wet cloth. It's pretty basic stuff, really, but saves you from the faff.

However, I've got to criticise their cleaning power. Eyeshadow brushes? Perfect. Foundation brushes? No chance. I didn't even bother trying a foundation brush, because you need to rub away a lot to just get eyeshadow off. I will however commend the use you can get out of one wipe - they seem more moist than usual makeup wipes so you can really get the most out of them. I think one wipe did most of my eyeshadow brush collection, and I had a whole Ikea pot full!

I still wash any brushes that come into contact with liquid products 'the old fashioned way' and rub them in my palms to get everything out (I think I need to invest in one of those proper mats). I usually use anti-bac hand soap or baby shampoo. I'm not really one for fancy brush cleaners, what I use does the job fine.

I still like these wipes, and will probably use up the whole packet with no bother. They're perfect for if you're feeling lazy or if you quickly need a clean eyeshadow brush whilst creating a look.

You can find B.'s Makeup Brush Cleansing Wipes here - they're currently a 1/3 off so get on it!

No comments