Kat Von D: London Calling Unboxing and Review (+ swatches)




It's rare that I'll purchase something within minutes of finding it. I like to do my research and look at swatches before I get my purse out. However, when I saw Kat Von D London Calling on the Debenhams website, I knew I needed to try it. It's the perfect introduction to her line, and I can't wait for more of her products! 


So this box contains 3 samples of her must have produts:
Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Double Dare
Studded Kiss Lipstick in Lolita
Tattoo Liner in Trooper

I think the fact that these are travel sized is right up my street. Especially when it comes to more expensive products, I hate when I buy something and don't like it - because then I'm stuck with so much to use up! I've been waiting for Kat's Tattoo Liner forever. I used to wear liquid eyeliner all the time, but recently I've been having some serious trouble with keeping it on - my eyes always water and I end up blinking off the wings that I've spent hours perfecting! Trooper is a satin black liner, with buildable colour. At first swipe I was disappointed that it wasn't jet black, but then realised that it's better to go over a line to achieve a solid colour, rather than going in gung ho and messing it up (which, let's be real here, nearly always happens). I'm yet to try out its 24-hour wear, but I'm pretty confident that it'll be the magic product that I'm looking for!



(Double Dare has photographed a lot pinker than it is in person!)


Double Dare is a lovely colour, not dissimilar to my beloved NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Cannes. However, this one is pinker and a lot more long lasting. It's actually difficult to take off, even with makeup remover! If you want a matte lip that's highly pigmented and long lasting, this one's your gal. It's a cocoa blush pink, and would suit a lot of different skintones! 

I think the only disappointment is how tiny the lipstick is. It's so small! I suppose it's rare that I use up a lipstick, and because it's smaller I've found it easier to control, but I just feel like I'll lose it. Which would be a shame because it's a lovely chestnut rose colour. It fits well in my lipstick collection because I'm a sucker for a rose colour. I feel like this might get used to death (if it doesn't go walkies, that is).




I think I'm just really excited to get using these products, they all look lovely! All three swatched really well, and are highly pigmented and easy to work with. I actually tried the liquid lipstick on then went for a shower. It did not budge. Top marks for that one! 



L - R: Lolita, Double Dare, Trooper


Kat Von D's London Calling is available in Debenhams for £19.50. It's the perfect introduction to her makeup range and I'll be keeping my eye out for more of her products later in the year! 



No comments