My TBR List




Like many a bibliophile, I love finding new books. I just don't seem to get around to reading them all! I bring them home and they just sit on my shelf. They will get read eventually, but this post is me shaming myself into doing so more promptly!

So, here is a small selection of books on my TBR list...

I bought Ink and Bone on a whim because Kris was looking for something on the Buy One Get One Half Price deal in Waterstones. The concept really interested me, as it is set in a world where the Great Library of Alexandria still exists. A book about books!

I read the first book in Naomi Novik's Temeraire series and enjoyed it, but didn't fancy getting into the whole series. So I thought I'd give Uprooted a go, as I spotted quite a few other people reading it. I waited for it to come out in paperback, then picked it up on the Buy One Get One Half Price offer. I'm not desperate to read it, but still intrigued by the story. 

It's no secret that I'm a bit of a Lucy Worsley fan girl. She came in handy when I was working on my dissertation, and I am more interested in the Georgian period thanks to her. So I bought her book Courtiers, but still haven't got around to reading it! It does look really interesting, but I haven't started it yet.

I bought The Fortune Hunter because I quite enjoyed Daisy Goodwin's other book, My Last Duchess. As far as I can tell, it's a married woman falls for younger man type of story. Not sure if I'll enjoy this one but will give it a go. I do like Goodwin's writing and I do like historical novels, but we'll have to see!

As for Burial Rights, I discovered this whilst looking for books set in Iceland (not into noir, so my choices were limited). It's inspired by a true story and follows a woman accused of murder in the early 19th Century. I'm expecting it to be quite bleak, but everyone who I know to have read it has really liked it! 

My sister bought me I Am Malala the Christmas before last. I'm ashamed that it hasn't been read yet. Malala is an amazingly inspiring young woman, but I just don't find myself reaching for non-fiction/memoirs very often! 

I started reading A Song of Ice and Fire back in 2010/2011. I keep putting off reading A Dance With Dragons. Why? Because once I catch up with the books I have to join the thousands and thousands of fans waiting for George RR Martin to finish the next one! I don't want to wait, so have been putting off the last book. However, I don't think I can resist much longer...

I'm currently (slowly) reading Sammy's Hill by Kristen Gore. Daughter of former US Vice President, she wrote this RomCom in the setting of Washington DC. Gore is also a screenwriter, having written for Saturday Night Live and Futurama. I love Futurama, so thought I'd give this a go. It seems okay so far, but not amazing...

Only Ever Yours was talked about quite a lot a year or two ago, but I haven't got around to reading it. It sounds like a really interesting read, but possibly with heavy subject matter? I don't know, I seem to be into easy light-hearted reads at the moment...

What books do you have on your TBR list? Are there any books that I need to buy?

No comments