Shop My Stash: Spring/Summer Lips





I am a bit of a lipstick hoarder, even though I don't really wear them on an everyday basis. With spring attempting to make an appearance, I thought I'd shop my stash!

I decided to write this post after I enjoyed making one for Autumn/Winter, which you can read here.


NYX Soft Matte Cream in Cannes - I'm so in love with this colour. I bought it online basing my choice on swatches from Google Images, and I'm so glad the gamble paid off. It's just so lightweight and easy to apply. The other nude colours in the collection seemed a bit scary, so I think this is my favourite.

MAC Kinda Sexy - very similar to Cannes in colour, but obviously a bit heavier on the lips. I picked mine up in a blog sale because I was nervous about the colour suiting me. But it's very wearable and great with peachy makeup.

Soap and Glory Blush Pink - I have all of the Soap and Glory matte lipsticks, their quality rivalling those of MAC's. Blush Pink is probably my favourite, and perfect for all year round. It's one of the first lipsticks I reach for when I look at my collection, and nearly always ends up in my handbag with MAC Brave.

Revlon Matte Balm Audacious - this one is exactly what the shade name makes it out to be. It's very bright! Definitely one for when I'm feeling brave. On me it comes out in a bright orangey tomato red. I wish Revlon did more shades of their Matte Balms because I love the formula!

Max Factor Colour Elixir in Pink Brandy - for a very long time Pink Brandy was my favourite lipstick ever (except for in winter when I wore Rimmel 107). It's a true coral colour, and just looks way more expensive than it is. If I had to pick only one of the lipsticks from this post, it'd always be Pink Brandy!

Seventeen Beehive - it's very rare that I buy a sheer lipstick, I just don't see the point in them. But Beehive is an exception to the rule, because it's just so good. Quick and easy to apply, it's a lovely and simple lip colour! Full review with swatches here

Topshop Sartorial - this one is a wonderful bright coral lipstick that doesn't get enough love from me. It just brightens up your complexion and is different without being too 'out there'. Unfortunately, I haven't seen this one in Topshop for a while, has it been discontinued?

Topshop Whimsical - the only other Topshop lipstick in my collection; I wish I owned more! This one is great for pale skin tones and a great one for summer. It's a peachy coral nude and is a long lasting matte. My one problem is that it's tricky to apply: it can often end up sinking into the cracks of your lips and becoming patchy!


What're your favourite lipsticks for when the weather gets warmer?

No comments