Maybelline Color Tattoo collection and swatches (+ MAC Paint Pot Dupes)


I think the biggest proportion of my makeup collection is dedicated to eye products. They're spilling out of the drawer, slowly taking over my life. Perhaps most loved is my Maybelline Color Tattoos, so I thought I'd share my collection with you. I've also picked up a couple of new ones recently!


Top row L-R: Creme de Rose, Creamy Beige, Vintage Plum
Bottom row L-R: On and On Bronze, Metallic Pomegranate, Light in Purple


Newest to my collection is Creme de Rose, and I was so excited when I spotted it in Boots. I have been waiting forever for this to come over to the UK. I'm obsessed. It's a complete dupe for MAC Painterly, something I've been lusting after for a while. I'm glad I stopped myself from taking the plunge for Painterly - £4.99 is way better than £16! 

Next up is Creamy Beige, which I've just realised is another MAC dupe - this time for Groundwork! It's a lovely matte brown - a colour that I'm definitely lacking in my makeup collection. This works a treat on its own, but in the future I definitely want to try mixing it up a little with some of my other eye products.

I think Vintage Plum is the most difficult one to work with. As you can see in the swatch below, sometimes it can come up streaky. However, once blended it's lovely and subtle. Recently I've been teaming it with Creme de Rose and blending it into my crease/outer v. I had something very similar from Avon way back when, which I'm always nostalgic for...




On and On Bronze is another new one. Yes, everyone seems to be obsessed with it, but I just never got around to picking it up. I'm not even sure how I'd wear it; I think I'm going to need to look up other people's blog posts for some inspiration! It is what it says it is: a metallic bronze colour. For me at the moment, it's a one swipe wonder!

Metallic Pomegranate is definitely my most used. A deep metallic red, it's practically perfect in every way. The only snag is that it's the driest in my collection, which can make it tricky to work with. However, that might just be the fact that it's my most used, and therefore dried up a bit...

Last is my first ever Color Tattoo - Light in Purple. It's a metallic blue with pink duochrome, that creates a wonderful lilac colour. Sounds a bit 80s, but I have always had an affinity towards blue eyeshadow. This one is great for adding a pop of colour to a grey smokey eye. You can't really tell from the photo, but I'm nearing the bottom of the tub with this one, and I don't want to say goodbye!


Have you used the Color Tattoo eyeshadows? If so, which ones are your favourites?

No comments