November Favourites


We're almost at the end of 2015! Argh!
But we are reaching my favourite time of year, Christmas. The weather has been pretty foul this month and although I love the cold and the snow (which we had a tiny amount of, but it was pretty pathetic and had melted by morning), the rain and wind has been horrible. Here's to hoping for a dry December!




Clothes & Beauty


Herbal Essences Moroccan My Shine Shampoo/Conditioner
When it comes to shampoo and conditioner, I'm not very loyal to a specific type. I often go for Herbal Essences but it usually depends on what's on special offer! My mum picked up this one for me and my sister, and I have really noticed a difference. My hair is so soft! I look like a weirdo sat at my desk running my hands through my hair, but I can't help it!

No7 Instant Radiance Highlighter 
Picked this one up thanks to a trusty old £3 off No7 voucher (I remember when it was £5 off!). I was interested to try this. I'm not usually a fan of cream highlighters/blush, but the texture of this is really nice. It's not too sticky on your face and just glides on. It's very similar to Benefit's Watt's Up, but not as warm in tone. It's one of the first highlighters that I've used properly and I definitely picked a good one!

YSL Elle Perfume
This was a bit of a 'treat yo self' moment when I spotted it on sale in Debenhams. I used to use this when I was about 18 years old, so it's quite a nostalgic smell to me. It's fruity but with a lovely woody undertone that lasts for hours! I couldn't help myself when I saw it half price; every time I went on the Debenhams beauty website it was just there staring at me.

Books


Audible
I haven't read that much this month, but thanks to my new found income I got an Audible subscription. I've always wanted to use it; I remember back in the day listening to Mugglecast podcast episodes where you could use the code 'RON' to get a discount. My first book has been Back Story by David Mitchell, which has been pretty interesting so far. There are less titles to choose from than I expected, but still a lot to play with (definitely want to listen to some Harry Potter books in the future). I like to listen to Audible on my commute to work, or at my desk if I'm doing something that doesn't require hard concentration. Not bad for £7.99 a month!

Film & TV


The Apprentice

The Apprentice is one of those shows that I should have stopped watching years ago, but still do. It just reminds me of that sketch from That Mitchell and Webb Look where you're sat wondering whether anyone else realises that all the contestants are idiots. Some years I have a favourite, this year I'm not really fussed who wins. I just seem to love how watching them do the tasks make me cringe! I watch "You're Fired" over on BBC2 afterwards, although I liked it a lot better in previous years when it was Dara O'Briain. Can't wait to see what embarrassing shenanigans they get up to next week!


Misc.


Having a full time job!
It hasn't quite sunk in yet, but I'm working full time! At the end of last month I applied for a place on a graduate scheme at The Juice Academy. After making it through a grueling boot camp day I was offered a place at Pharmacist Support! So for 6 months I am working 4 days a week at Pharmacist Support as a Marketing Communications Assistant and the other day I have Social Media training at The Juice Academy. I had considered applying for a marketing masters, but in the end this has been so much better. It's proper on the job learning with expert tutors from Tangerine PR. I really love it at Pharmacist Support, especially because I get to do a bit of everything and not just social media. It's been a very big test and a hard slog for me anxiety wise, but I am hoping that everything will just fall into place soon. Nothing cures agoraphobia like throwing you on a train twice a day to and from the big city! Just need my boyfriend to get a job in Manchester too so that we can commute together...

Red Hot Chili Peppers

I was feeling a little bit nostalgic and was reminiscing about when I was obsessed with the Red Hot Chili Peppers. Then I just ended up listening to their whole back catalogue, watching Youtube videos and reading about their history. I still know all the words to my favourite songs, but I also have a new found love for their older stuff. 12 year old Laura just didn't appreciate Mother's Milk or Blood Sugar Sex Magik!

Spotify Premium
During my first month of work at Pharmacist Support, I realised that I just listened to the same music on loop all day. My phone doesn't hold that much; I pine for my old iPod Classic and ended up caving and paying for Spotify Premium. Luckily I still have a NUS Extra card so could get the subscription half price, otherwise I think it's pretty expensive!

No comments