Autumn/Winter Lips


Clockwise from the top: Rimmel Apocalips Across the Universe and Eclipse; No7 Precision Lip Pencil in Melon; Rimmel Exaggerate Lip Liner in Eastend Snob; Revlon Matte Balm in  Sultry; No7 Moisture Drench Lipstick in Cranberry; MAC Please Me; Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Black Cherry; Maybelline Color Sensational Matte in Nude Embrace; Rimmel Kate Moss 107

I decided to have a root through my make up and put together an autumn/winter lip wardrobe. I've put together a mix of shades to suit every occasion!


First up is Rimmel Apocalips in Across the Universe and Eclipse. I love these, even though I'm not really one for gloss/liquid lipsticks! Across the Universe is a cool-toned red, whilst Eclipse is a lovely berry colour.

Next I picked two lip pencils: No7 Precision Lips in Melon and Rimmel Exaggerate Lip Liner in Eastend Snob. I bought Melon a while back, with the intention of using with a coral lipstick that I own, but I recently rediscovered it. Yes, it's a coral shade, but it leans upon the side of being a pinky nude. It's lovely on its own or paired with one of my other lipsticks. As for Eastend Snob, everyone has been raving about this. It's a creamy formula (be careful that you don't snap it!) and quite pink when you first look at it, but a lot more muted when you apply it to your lips. It's a nude for people who don't do nudes!

Revlon ColorBurst Balms (this time in Sultry) are just amazing. I only own two, but wish I owned more (both of mine are mattes, haven't tried the stain or laquer). One swipe and you're done, matte but not too drying. Sultry is a brown-toned plum that's wearable for any occasion. I went out and bought it after seeing my sister wear it; I love the sweet minty smell too!

My No7 Moisture Drench lipstick in Cranberry (sadly discontinued, but there are a lot of similar shades in the current range) looks quite similar to Sultry, but is in fact a fair bit pinker. I love these lipsticks, they're long lasting and soft on your lips. Cranberry is, well, cranberry coloured! I love it so much, I'm absolutely gutted that they got rid of this one...

Back in my Blog Sale Shopping post, I hauled MAC's Please Me. Not exactly your stereotypical autumn/winter shade, but beautiful nonetheless. I think it looks good year round, and is a nice alternative to a red or berry shade.

On the complete flip side there's Revlon Super Lustrous in Black Cherry. I remember when I bought this; I wanted to be daring and try something new (was always a red lipstick kind of gal). I definitely don't wear this on the regular, but wish I did. It's a vampy dark colour, Applied lightly it's a deep red; applied heavily it's a dark dark purple. I actually worry sometimes that it washes me out/makes me look even paler (if that were possible). But I love it all the same. My one gripe is that it can apply a bit streaky, definitely approach with caution!

I was brave last month. I bought a brown-toned nude. I really wanted a Maybelline Color Sensational Matte Lipstick, but unfortunately the UK has a pretty poor shade selection so far. I picked up Nude Embrace, because it was the only nude-ish shade that they had. I can actually pull it off (just about), which makes me happy. No foundation lips here! The formula is my favourite thing about this lipstick - I think it might be my favourite matte ever. Oi, Maybelline! We need more of these across the pond, stat!

Finally is the old faithful, the beloved, the one and only Rimmel Lasting Finish 107 matte lipstick. I don't now what else to say. I first picked this up back in 2012, way before I was into beauty blogs. I loved using it on nights out at university due to its amazing staying power. It doesn't come up too dark on me, meaning that it's completely wearable.

So that's my autumn/winter lip wardrobe! What do you have in yours? x

1 comment

  1. I love the Rimmel Apocalips too, one of them is a deep red that would look great for this time of the year. I've always wanted to get my hands on Revlon Black Cherry too but there are never any testers for me to try it out :)

    Velvet Blush

    ReplyDelete