Blog Sale Shopping




I had an itch to buy Mac. I'd been umming and ahhing, adding stuff to my basket and taking it out again. Then, whilst mooching around on Twitter, I spotted Laura's (beautyloversnotes) blog sale. Mac lipsticks for £3 and £5? Yes please!


None of the lipsticks listed were ones on my 'must have' list, but I took it as an opportunity to try out new colours and see how I liked them. I went for Haute Altitude, Please Me, and Pink Plaid.




I'm not really a pink lipstick girl, if I'm quite honest. My collection is mostly nudes and reds/berry tones. But after looking up swatches of these, I'd thought I'd give them a try.

I don't know why, but I was surprised by how pink they were when I applied them (I think it's because I have quite dark lips naturally). Pink Plaid is a bit of a 'pink pink' tone, but really suits a pale complexion like mine. It kind of reminds me of Becca Rose

Please Me is a warmer pink, but also matte like Pink Plaid. They're not a very creamy matte when you apply them, but this is possibly due to age. They still look great on - I'm having a bit of a thing for matte lipsticks at the moment... 


they all look really similar!

Haute Altitude is pretty similar to Please Me, except it's amplified. It's actually my favourite of the three, which is a shame because it was limited edition! Luckily there's a lot left, so it'll last me a while.

The lipsticks arrived on Wednesday, and the parcel even contained a Sephora sample of the Elizabeth and James Nirvana fragrances. Thanks Laura! I definitely recommend her if she does another blog sale!


L-R: Haute Altitude, Please Me, Pink Plaid

No comments