September Favourites


Another month; this year is going fast! My other posts might sometimes be sporadic, but I'm proud that I can stick to the routine of monthly favourites. I feel like I haven't had many book favourites for a while... need to find some better books to read!


Clothes/Beauty




Soap and Glory 'Sexy Mother Pucker' Matte Lipstick in Blush Pink
As I mentioned in my review of this lipstick - I actually went in to Boots to buy Super Nude, only getting Blush Pink because it was on offer. But I think Blush Pink has become my favourite. It's long lasting and easy to apply; you don't even need a mirror. You can feel the quality when you twist up the bullet, and I'm always just throwing it in my bag wherever I go.

Collection Uncovered Nude Bronze Palette
I'm a bit late on the bandwagon with this one; these have been out for quite a while. Every time I saw them I kind of thought meh until I spotted my sister wearing it and seeing how good it looked. She has the Little Mix version, and I went for Nude Bronze. I love it, I think it has overtaken the L'Oréal Color Riche Quad in Marron Glace as my favourite travel sized palette. As you can see from the swatches below, you really get a lot of pigmentation with these. I think my most used ones are Mink, Ember and Nutty.


L-R: Ivory, Mink, Ochre, Golden Brown, Ember, Nutty

So much pigmentation for the price!

Superdrug Essential Eye Makeup Remover Pads
Bit of a boring favourite, but I bought these a while ago and cannot recommend them enough! I've done a lot of travelling recently, and they're so handy on the go. They're a lot wetter than normal make up wipes, and are really good at taking all of your eye make up off (even waterproof mascara). I bought them on a whim and am really glad I did. They're 99p and you get 30 so why not?

Books


Calm
 I have quite a few books about anxiety and panic attacks. If you're looking for something to help you with those, I wouldn't advise this. I'd recommend you go for a CBT-based book; Calm is by Michael Acton Smith, the founder of Firebox.com and Moshi Monsters. Not exactly a expert on meditation. But all criticism aside, this is a really beautiful book. There are some gorgeous photographs and illustrations, and the book includes activities to help de-stress. This isn't about calming yourself if you're anxious, this is about having a calmer attitude towards life. Nothing groundbreaking, but truly a pretty book that's interesting to read.



Film/TV


The Great British Bake Off

I'm British, so obviously this is going to be on my list. I love Bake Off! I can't find a fault in it, other than that you have to wait a week for the next episode. We haven't had anything too dramatic yet (no custard or ice cream related fiascoes), but it's a good watch for a Wednesday night. I'm just living for Nadiya's funny expressions!

Project Runway

 I watched a lot of Project Runway as a teenager (and Project Catwalk, the British version), but stopped for a while because we didn't have Sky at my Mum's house. Last summer I got back into it and binge watched a load of the seasons that I'd missed. Now I'm back on top of new episodes. I just find it so inspiring, even if the challenges have now got a bit wacky. A lot of the time I don't agree with the judges, but some of my faves are still in the competition.

Food


Sainsbury's Basics Tortilla Chips


I'm going to be controversial here - I'm not a big fan of Doritos. Give me any flavour except for Chilli Heatwave and I'm not that interested. These ones I quite like. They're plain with a little added salt, meaning they go with just about any dip and are perfect for nachos. And because they're Sainsbury's Basics, they only cost about 50p for a big bag!


Misc.


Lego Jurassic World

I'm a stickler for a Lego game - I think I've played every one ever released! So when my boyfriend bought this on Steam, you bet I was right over to his to play. I'm not sure if it's my favourite Lego game, but it's definitely up there. Any video game where you can play as a dinosaur is a winner in my books...

No comments